Phil's Mazda6 2.5 SL
The Volvo has been part exchanged at a local dealer and I now own and drive this Mazda6.
First registered in April 2008, these are my thoughts during ownership:-
History . . . . . .: Bought 15-August 2014 with 3 previous owners (dealer + 2 private owners).
Purchased . . .: From Roes Car Sales, Stores Road, Derby - a local secondhand car retailer.
Servicing . . . .: Sold with full service history and dealer record.
Mileage on purchase . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 79,327
Final mileage (when sold) . . . . . . . . . : 104,526
Mileage covered . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 25,199
Sold 31/09/2017 as a trade-in at Available Car, Castle Donington for . : £ 1,300.00
Changes from standard specification:- none
Faults/Problems on delivery (price adjusted):-
- Stone chips on front, and loads of them - obviously the car has been a motorway car.
- A small amount of movement in the driver seat (a recorded MoT advisory).
- 20/08/14 - Set of 4 floor mats: £25
- 05/12/14 - 4 tyres: £480
- 13/12/14 - 4 wheels refurbished: £250
- 20/03/15 - MoT: £43
So far all I have done is:
The following pictures were pulled off the selling dealer's web site:
- Frequently refill the washer bottle (screen and headlights so uses a lot).
- Check the tyre pressures, top up as required.
- Check the engine oil on the dip stick, not yet used any oil.
- Polish up the stainless exhaust tips which were shoddy.
- Remove drivers seat, fit washers to mechanism, refit.
- General clean and polish and ocasional interior valet.
- 13/12/2014 - Alloy wheels refurbished then new tyres fitted
for more details and pictures Click here
I just love the colour.
I prefer this "Gen 2 " shape to the Gen 3 released in 2013, less agressive...
More rounded... but this picture distorts the length of the front end / bonnet.
Notice the sun roof!
Fuel tank on the correct side for a change.
Front interior - complete with paper mat.
Front row seats are just so comfortable. - shame the drivers has some unwanted movement in it.
Rear passenger comfort zone...
- Just that bit more compact than the Passat but that little bit bigger than the Volvo S40.
- Spacious, comfortable and imaculate interior - it feels like a good solid 'real' motor.
- Glove box, door pockets and central arm rest offer more useful storage space than Volvo.
- All the toys including a factory fitted sun roof with upward tilt and rear slide (inside headlining and not outside).
- A quiet ride with a little wind noise, main noise source being the tyres/road surface.
- A proper hand brake lever like the Volvo (and unlike the useless park brake button in the Passat.
The Wheels and tyres were sorted during December 2014 - for more details, further updates and pictures Click here
- The tyres, a mix of 1x Evergreen and 3x Kuhmo - I can live with them for a while, as they will need replacing in <5000 miles.
- The alloy wheels while looking smart have had a cheap repaint job and need proper full refurbishment.
- First gear is a bit on the low side (unnecessarily so in my opinion) making wheel spin easily achieved despite traction control.
Back to My Cars page Click here