Trying it out for size in CMC's Daybrook
I'm now riding a 2010 60-reg Honda XL700VA-A Transalp:
My Honda XL700 Transalp:-
My plans for Annie and updates on progress ......... . . . .Click here
The advertising pictures of my XL700:-
CMC's advertising photos that sparked my interest .... Click here
Annie the Tranny - the farkling begins:-
More pictures as the farkling begins .......... . . . . . . . . . . .Click here
Annie the Tranny - more farkling:-
The farkling story continues .......... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click here
Buying a 700 TransAlp? - links to sites:-
Links to road tests & reviews......... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Click here
My ride for over 7 years a 2000 Honda Deauville NT650VY
I sold it to Peter (Swansea) who has since sold it on to Geoff (Norfolk).
* This was my Deauville... and ... 2011 update, Motad fitted.
* The Deauville model history.
* And Before Deauville - pre-model history.
* Reviews of the various Deauville models.
* Deauville specifications & Tech info..
* Deauville buying guide - what to look for.
* Deauville Accessories & modifications.
* Deauville - Official Honda press info.
* A Deauville tyre buying guide - what to look for.
* 2011 Deauville NT700 press release from 5-Oct-2010.
* Deauville Reviews & Views
* Facet Fuel Pump mod
During a group day out with editor,
Ian Grainger of the now defunct
UsedBikeGuide magazine. He took
this picture at Fishponds, Matlock Bath.
My Biking history (and the family's):-
To see my biking history & bikes I have owned. . . . . .Click here
I always wanted a Triumph 955i ST Sprint:-
This is the one I owned, I loved it, it hated me.. . . . . .Click here
My youngest son Mark got his full bike licence:-
To see Mark's first 2 sets of wheels.................... . . . . .Click here
To see Mark's current ride ...... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click here
I've known Don since I was 18:-
To meet Don, his wife Liz & his bikes................ . . . . .Click here
Useful "biker" web sites & links:-
Mainly commercial sites that may be useful, so . . . . .Click here
Custom motorcycles - loads of pictures:-
A visit to the Las Vegas Bike Fest in 2006 ......... . . . . Click here
DN-01 by Honda
Honda proclaim this as the future of motorcycling, but is it?
* It is based on the Deauville 700, but
* It has to make do with LESS power, and
* It has an automatic gearbox.
* It doesn't have the handy storage spaces, or,
* The underseat storage the Deauville or a maxi-scooter has.
It's the Honda DN-01 - but it's no Deauville!
Honda DN-01, 2008 - 2011 (and beyond?). ==================================>>>